Roadmap to being a Clinical Hypnotherapist with EKAA
The therapist’s role is one that comes up with great responsibility. And therefore, we have a very clear roadmap on what it takes to certify yourself as an Integrated Clinical Hypnotherapist from EKAA.
Step 1 : Completing the Training Curriculum
You would have to complete all the 5 Levels of the EKAA curriculum in totality. Any class missed will have to be repeated with your trainer at the next opportunity available.
Step 2 : The Internship Programme
From Level 2 onwards, you will have to start working as an Intern Hypnotherapist, working with willing clients, and seeking to address their concerns through Clinical Hypnotherapy.
Objective of the Internship Programme:
- This programme has been designed with the intention of creating a system where the student can assimilate the curriculum deeply before moving on to the next level.
- The trainer at each level will also serve as your mentor and guide for that level. The trainer will mentor you to understand what you have studied in the classroom as you practically work with your clients. (further details will be explained by the trainer during the course).
- The internship programme will serve as a form of Practical Assessment for the student, where the trainer will be able to assess how well you have assimilated the course content of that particular level, and whether you are ready to move to the next level of the curriculum.
- In some cases, your trainer/mentor will also suggest that you first enrol for Personal Therapy if they deem it important for you to work on yourself before you work on others or graduate to the next level.
- At the end of Level 5, you will also need to appear for a Comprehensive Written Test as a step to be completed.
This written test will be in the format of objective and descriptive questions from the curriculum inclusive of all the theory and practical applications you have studied across the 5 levels.
Requirements for the Internship Programme:
After every level (Level 2 onwards), you will need to submit a certain number of completed cases as part of the course requirement.
The specifics of the number of cases are listed below:
- 2 completed cases to be submitted to your Level 2 trainer. (Before enrolling for Level 3, can do online cases)
- 2 completed cases to be submitted to your Level 3 trainer. (Before enrolling for Level 4, can do online cases)
- 3 completed cases to be submitted to your Level 4 trainer. (before enrolling for Level 5, have to be in-person – mandatory )
- 3 completed cases to be submitted to your Level 5 trainer (after completing Level 5, have to be in-person – mandatory )
What comprises a Completed Case :
- As described above, across the 5 levels you would be working with 10 different cases in total.
- You will need to work with 10 different people on 10 different issues using Integrated Clinical Hypnotherapy techniques and interventions taught in the classroom.
- Each case will need to be brought to completion.
- Once you have completed a case, you will need to obtain a written testimonial from the client, of the resolution that they have obtained through your work.
- All 10 cases will need to be documented in a clear manner, describing the interventions and techniques you have used from the curriculum.
- Across the 10 cases, you will need to provide Audio Recordings for any 5 of the cases. As a general practice, we recommend recording all your 10 cases through the internship programme. It will also serve as a great learning tool to help you reflect.
- Submit each completed case to your trainer-mentor for approval.
At EKAA our objective is to create high-quality Clinical Hypnotherapists who have integrated the curriculum into their own lives before they guide others on the journey within.
Some Tips to make the best of the Internship Programme :
- Do not treat the internship as an academic task where you need to finish the cases quickly and rush to the next level. We would urge you to “grow” through the course, rather than “race” through it.
- Use the training to reflect and internalise the subject. If necessary, repeat the level (or specific portions of a level) for a greater understanding of the subject. The repeater fees are nominal.
- “You can only guide someone along a path that you yourself have traversed well”. Work with your trainer-mentor on your own healing. It will help you to work with your clients more efficiently.
Step 3 : The Certification
The Final Certification will require you to finish 4 aspects :
- Attendance for the entire training module of 5 levels with theory and practice rounds in the class
- The Internship Programme with all 10 cases submitted through your 5 levels, and approvals of your cases from your respective trainer-mentors.
- The Comprehensive Written Test on the last day of Level 5.
Upon completion of all these course requirements, you will be eligible for the Final Certification. You will then be certified as a Clinical Hypnotherapist by EKAA. The final certification that you get from EKAA is affiliated with and recognised by the International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association (IMDHA), the European Association for Regression Therapy (EARTh), and the Australian Hypnotherapists Association (AHA), International Association of Counselors & Therapists. (IACT), International Hypnosis Association (IHA.)
Advanced Courses : Post Graduate Diploma
Once you have completed the Certification for the Integrated Clinical Hypnotherapy programme, you can choose to enhance your skills as a Professional Regression Therapist by undertaking the Post Graduate Diploma programme in Transpersonal Regression Therapies.
The PG-Diploma curriculum is offered by the Tasso Institute, Netherlands in association with EKAA.
To know more, please see – http://www.tassointernational.com